- Kathleen Dorey has been invited to speak at the forth coming Petrotech conference in New Delhi, India on Sunday, 4th Dec 2016. The session is called "Women Leaders in Oil & Gas - The Emerging Trends". PETROTECH - 2016 is India's flagship International Oil & Gas Conference and Exhibition under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt. of India and is one of the most prestigious international conferences with more than 5000 delegates from nearly 50+ countries participating. The Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi will also be on hand to inaugurate this year's conference.
- Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources (CSUR) hosts Duvernay Day. This one day technical workshop will focus on the emerging Duvernay Resource Play in west central Alberta. Hear from recognized experts in Government, Academia, and the Operators themselves. Key discussion themes will cover water management, sub-surface development planning and induced seismicity. Duvernay Day takes place at the Eau Claire Sheraton on Wednesday October 26. See the CSUR website for more details, or contact Cynthia Lamont.
- Petrel Robertson Consulting Ltd. of Calgary, in coordination with Global Shale Plays LLC. (GSP) of Houston, will be conducting a detailed geoscience study of the Eagle Ford formation and other oil and gas bearing formations in Northern Mexico across from the border from South Texas. The group has been authorized by the Comisión Nacional de Hidrocarburos (CNH), a Mexican government office, to develop and market the project to industry and other interested parties. The proposed area covers about 16,100 km2 and falls within the northern extent of the Burgos Basin, continuing up to the Piedras Negras area. The study will utilize existing 2D and 3D seismic, advanced pre-stack inversion techniques, wells, core data, as well as existing airborne-gravity, magnetic, and electro-magnetic data, as available, to map, assess and high grade areas of potential hydrocarbon accumulations. For further information on how to participate in the study contact: Kathleen Dorey (email@example.com) or Brad Hayes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brad Hayes will be one of the Head Table Experts at Canadian Society of Unconventional Resources Executive Roundtable: The Employment Crisis for Canada's Energy Professionals - October 6 at the Calgary Telus Convention Centre. Free registration for Professionals in Transition. Registration here
- PRCL client US Oil Sands is nearing completion on their new oilsands project in Utah. PRCL played a key role in defining and mapping the oilsands reserves that USOS is developing. See the story at JWN Energy
- CSUR (Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources) is hosting an information session regarding regulations around methane emissions. Click here for details
Brad Hayes addressed the Canada-Eurasia Russia Business Association (CERBA) in Calgary on June 6th, speaking on using Canadian geoscience skills to evaluate international oil and gas assets for investors. link to presentation(4MB PDF)
- Brad Hayes addressed the Canadian Institute 16th Annual Arctic Oil & Gas Symposium, speaking on the importance of geological work to better understand unconventional oil and gas potential in northern Canada. Read the Article (PDF)
- PRCL has teamed with Dr. Nick Harris (University of Alberta) and Dr. Graham Dolby (consulting biostratigrapher) in evaluating Cretaceous Lower Goru sandstone reservoirs in the Indus Basin of Pakistan. The team, led by Dr. John Carey of PRCL, is working with Pakistan Petroleum Ltd. to better understand reservoir quality and distribution in this emerging gas/condensate system.
- On March 8, at the 2016 Geoconvention(Telus Convention Center, Calgary), Kathleen Dorey is chairing two sessions with co-chair Brian Zaitlin entitled "Technology for Unconventional Resources". Twelve high level industry papers being presented in both morning and afternoon sessions. The focus will be on new and evolving technology as applied to Unconventional Resources worldwide. www.geoconvention.com
- Brad Hayes commented in an article at Business In Vancouver on the New Brattle Group report which says increased investment in renewable energy in Asia and Europe could reduce financial support for LNG projects. Business In Vancouver article
Presentations by Brad Hayes
- March 17 2016 (Canadian Institute 16th Annual Arctic Oil & Gas Symposium) "Geological Framework - Mapping Unconventional Resource Potential in the Northwest Territories"
- March 18 2016 (CSPG Ambassador Program, University of Alberta) Brad Hayes and Dan Allan, Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources - "Geology of Unconventionals" Short Course
- April 4 2016 (10th Annual B.C. Unconventional Gas Technical Forum, Victoria) Brad Hayes and Vic Levson, Quaternary Geosciences Inc. - "Interpretation of Quaternary Sediments and Depth to Bedrock, Peace Project Area, Montney Fairway, NEBC
- April 14 2016 (APEGA Calgary Branch Luncheon) "Unconventional Oil and Gas in Alberta - Now, and Looking to the Future"
- May 5 2016 Brad Hayes: (Ontario Petroleum Institute 54th Annual Conference - "Discover the Future") Brad will speak on Canada's unconventional oil and gas plays
- June 22 2016 (American Association of Petroleum Geologists ACE 2016) "Comparing Basin-Centred Gas Prospectivity in the Bowen-Surat Basin (Queensland, Australia) with the Deep Basin of Western Canada and the Piceance Basin (Western U.S.)"
Presentations by Kathleen Dorey
- November 9 2016 Kathleen Dorey will be giving a talk at the CSPG International Division lunchtime forum to members and guests interested in the geoscience and hydrocarbon potential of Laos, S.E. Asia on Wednesday November 9th, 2016. The talk is entitled 'Value Added Geoscience: A Case Study from Laos, S.E. Asia'. The event will take place in the Nexen Plus 15 Conference Centre located in the Nexen Annex Building.
- May 5 2016 (5th Annual CSEG Symposium, Calgary) Kathleen Dorey, Chief Geophysicist at PRCL has been asked to speak at the event which showcases the CSEG's best speakers. Ms. Dorey's talk is entitled "Value Added Seismic Interpretation in Southeast Asia". This year the Symposium will also posthumously honour Bill Nickerson as well with the theme of Integrity, Knowledge, and Wisdom.
- April 28 2016 Brian Zaitlin: (Zaitlin Geoconsulting Ltd.) will be presenting a talk at the Canadian Society of for Unconventional Resources (CSUR) 2016 Advanced Technology Workshop - "Deep Basin Unconventional Reservoirs: Profitability in a low price environment" titled Variations in Sequence Stratigraphy, Accommodation Space, Paleodrainage and Depositional Style between the Underfilled and Overfilled Foreland Basin Portion of the Western Canada Sedimentary coauthored with Tom Moslow.
- April 28 2016 Brian Zaitlin: (Zaitlin Geoconsulting Ltd.) will be co-presenting a core display at the Canadian Society of for Unconventional Resources (CSUR) 2016 Advanced Technology Workshop - "Deep Basin Unconventional Reservoirs: Profitability in a low price environment" titled Variability in Spirit River (Wilrich-Falher) Reservoir Facies Associations of the Deep Basin: sequence stratigraphy, accommodation space, reservoir quality and composition with co-author Tom Moslow.