2012 Presentations by Brad Hayes
- October 3. Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources Annual Convention (CSUR) (Calgary): "The Unconventional Transformation of the Canadian Petroleum Industry"
- June 6, B.C. Natural Gas Symposium (Vancouver): "Geological Considerations in Managing Water Use in BC's Proliferating Shale Gas Regions"
- May 28, Energy Services Summit (Edmonton): Moderator, "The Hot Plays and Players - Unconventional Natural Gas"
- May 14-16, GeoConvention 2012 (CSPG) (Calgary): "Unconventional Gas and Oil Potential of Yukon Territory"
- April 23, AAPG Annual Convention (Long Beach): "Regional Characterization of Shale Gas and Shale Oil Potential, Northwest Territories"
- April 2, B.C. Unconventional Gas Technical Forum (Victoria): "Deep Aquifer Characterization in Support of Montney Gas Development"
2012 Presentations by Kathleen Dorey
- May 14-16, GeoConvention 2012 (CSPG) (Calgary): "Geophysical Evaluation of the Kakapo Miocene Prospect, Taranaki Basin, Offshore New Zealand"
December 2012 NEW ITEM
- PRCL welcomes a new employee who brings specific valuable skills and industry experience to the organization. Ms. Renee Stewart joins us as a hydrogeologist, having built this expertise with a major industry player. She is a key member of our teams undertaking regional deep subsurface aquifer evaluations in support of water sourcing and disposal strategies for unconventional gas and oil developments.
November 2012 NEW ITEM
- PRCL President Brad Hayes is nominated to serve a three-year term on Council for the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta. Election results will be announced at APEGA's AGM in April 2013.
- The Yukon Geological Survey (YGS) is pleased to announce the release YGS Miscellaneous Report 7 (MR-7), Scoping study of unconventional oil and gas potential, Yukon. In this report B.J.R. Hayes and H.B. Archibald, of Petrel Robertson Consulting Ltd., investigate 8 prospective basins in Yukon. PDF link to Yukon Geological Survey Report (29MB)
- PRCL President Brad Hayes speaks to a delegation of NWT government officials, including several MLA's and the Minister of Energy, as part of their fact-finding tour investigating unconventional oil and development and hydraulic fracturing
- PRCL is undertaking a Regional Analysis and Reservoir Characterization of the Wilrich Member and Falher Equivalents in West-Central Alberta. Find out more information here
- Yukon Geological Survey releases Miscellaneous Report 6, "Petroleum Resource Assessment of Whitehorse Trough, Yukon", prepared by PRCL. Nine plays were identified, all prospective for gas, and three for oil. Potential resources were calculated probabilistically for five of the plays, while there were insufficient data to calculate resources for the other four (speculative) plays. Unconventional resource potential was seen in two CBM and one shale / tight reservoir play. PDF link to Yukon Geological Survey Report (24MB)
- Innovation, the journal of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC), recently published a feature article by Brad Hayes, PRCL President, on utilization and protection of BC's water resources. PDF from Innovation Magazine (1.1MB)
- Central European Petroleum and its close relationship with PRCL, are featured in an Oilweek Article on their exploration work in Germany. Link to Oilweek Article
- Northwest Territories Geoscience Office releases NWT Open File 2012-07, "Deep Subsurface Saline Aquifer Characterization, Central Mackenzie Valley, Northwest Territories". prepared by PRCL. This report provides an overview of aquifer characteristics of strata in the Central Mackenzie Valley. Understanding the fluid chemistry and reservoir characteristics of these rocks will support unconventional oil exploration and development in the area. This research was supported by Natural Resources Canada through their Program of Energy Research and Development (PERD). Available for download on the NTGO website
- Dr. Sharon MacLeod joins PRCL as a Senior Geologist. Sharon brings 25 years of exploration and development experience in the oil and gas industry, primarily in western Canada. Her technical background, business experience, and extensive consulting experience will be invaluable to PRCL in a wide variety of projects, including initiation of new exploration ventures.
- Canadian Society for Unconventional Resources releases the booklet "Understanding Water and Unconventional Resources". PRCL President Brad Hayes contributed to the writing of this publication. PDF link to CSUR booklet (1.3MB)
PRCL Announcments 2017
PRCL Announcments 2016
PRCL Announcments 2015
PRCL Announcments 2014
PRCL Announcments 2013
PRCL Announcments 2012
PRCL Announcments 2011
PRCL Announcments 2010
PRCL Announcments 2009
PRCL Announcments 2008
|Petrel Team||Affiliates||Contact Us|